Commercial Debt Relief Under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Is Complex
Small-business owners facing pressures from rising debt have the option of petitioning for protection from creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy code. Chapter 11 gives businesses the capacity to continue operations while their debts are reorganized into a structured repayment plan. Depending upon the corporate tax structure under which the business operates, investors, owners and managers may also be protected from personal liability for debts while the business is under the protection of the court.
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy For High Net Worth Individuals And Estates
Individuals and family estates of high net worth in New York may also file for protection from creditors under Chapter 11 of the U.S. bankruptcy code. The provisions for the debt-to-income ratio to qualify are complex and require extensive knowledge of how the formula is applied. If you are considering filing for business bankruptcy utilizing Chapter 11 because of a high debt ratio, call Ugell Law Firm, P.C., in New City at 845-608-8098 to arrange an initial consultation. We will discuss the nuances of how to file a Chapter 11 bankruptcy and whether it is a viable option in your best interest.
Let Our Experience Work In Your Favor. Contact Us.
We have been practicing in the area of U.S. bankruptcy law for nearly five combined decades. Our Chapter 11 lawyer backs up seasoned experience with unique credentials, including:
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners’ rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues
- Authored legal presentations on the issue of debt relief, bankruptcy law, foreclosure defense and consumer rights
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair of the Rockland County Bar Association Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Committee
- Max Gardner Bankruptcy Boot Camp Graduate
From our office in New City, New York, we represent families, consumers and small businesses throughout the Lower Hudson Valley and Metropolitan New York areas find the debt relief that works in their best interest. To schedule an initial consultation with an experienced attorney, call 845-608-8098, reach out to our office using our online form. Se Habla Español.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code.