Rockland County Bankruptcy Attorney
A short sale is one option available to help distressed homeowners avoid foreclosure when the value of the property is less than the amount remaining on the mortgage or mortgages. A short sale is best defined as an opportunity to sell your home to a buyer who agrees to a predetermined price, below the mortgage amount. All financing parties must agree to the terms of the short sale, including the mortgage originator and the lending institution.
Getting large financial corporations to agree to let the property change hands at less than the amount owed requires an in-depth understanding of New York real estate law and the skills to negotiate effectively. The hard truth is that short sales always require a minimum of six months for approval and the many of them evaporate because of buyer impatience, or because the financial parties decline the offer.
If you are considering a short sale to help you avoid a possible foreclosure, I can help. I am New City, New York, debt relief lawyer Scott Ugell of The Ugell Law Firm, P.C., in New City, New York. I have more than a quarter of a century of experience helping distressed homeowners and families find ways to keep their homes when faced with foreclosure .
I Negotiate Directly With the True Decision Makers at a Bank
Banks don't like losing money. Most short sales fail because the homeowner works with the lower level workers assigned to review the case on the merits of a financial formula. The true decision makers are on the inside, higher up the management ranks, and that is where I begin fighting. I know what mortgage lenders and bankers expect out of a short sale. I get to the heart of the decision-makers inside the bank.
I have helped thousands of individuals and families with their debt relief, loan modification and short sale needs, I know I can help you. I back up my experience with professional credentials that include:
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Often requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners' rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional Staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues.
- Professional articles and legal presentations on the issue of debt relief and bankruptcy law
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Rockland County Bar Association (Co-Chairman of the Bankruptcy Committee)
- Member of the Rockland County Magistrates Association
- Member of the Board of Hillel of Rockland Community College
Stop Foreclosure · Competitive Fees · Flexible Appointments · Se Habla Español
From my offices in New City, I represent families, consumers and small businesses, because that is who I am, and that is who I care about. I work to protect citizens in the Greater Hudson Valley area.ITo arrange an initial consultation with an experienced New City short sales attorney who cares about resolving your legal problem, call 845-521-7841 or contact my office by e-mail today.