Rockland County Debt Settlement Attorney
A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy proceeding is a process by which your assets, income, expenses and debts are calculated and prioritized to create one monthly payment plan through the Bankruptcy Court.
I am bankruptcy lawyer Scott Ugell. For more than a quarter of a century, The Ugell Law Firm, P.C., has been helping citizens throughout the Greater Hudson Valley get out from under the crushing burden of personal debt. Chapter 13 is an excellent way to lower or reorganize your monthly payments into an easy-to-pay supervised repayment plan. That means you can eliminate some debt, lower your interest rates on other debts and even remove second mortgages and judgment liens against your house. It is an excellent solution for people who do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or who are able to meet their debt obligations but need some breathing room because of cash flow or an unexpected short term debt obligation.
Experience Makes a Difference in the Amount of Time and Cost This Will Require
Before you juggle another monthly payment, it is worth your while to get straight answers about Chapter 13. Call me today.
Under Chapter 13, you will most likely be able to:
- Keep your house and car
- Strip off a second mortgage or judgment lien against your home
- Modify your mortgage loan(s)
- Consolidate your student loans into an affordable zero interest repayment plan
- Eliminate your credit card debt
- Stop bill collectors' calls immediately
- Repay or eliminate your tax debt
- Stop pending wage garnishments and lien actions (excluding court-ordered domestic support obligations such as child support or maintenance)
Get Your Chapter 13 Done Right the First Time
Call my office in New City today and schedule a free, no obligation consultation. We will sit down together to discuss your debt relief options. The criteria for petitioning the courts for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection are not as stringent as Chapter 7. I will also be honest with you about the realities of what it means to be placed under a court-supervised payment plan. Chapter 13 is a legal process that involves a judge, the courts, trustees and your creditors. There are serious legal problems that can result if you are less than honest and forthcoming about the extent of your debt. We will work together to get you and your family ready to move forward towards newfound financial freedom.
I have been practicing in the area of U.S. bankruptcy law for more than 25 years. I back up my experience with unique credentials, including:
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Often requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners' rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional Staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues.
- Professional articles and legal presentations on the issue of debt relief and bankruptcy law
NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FILED A CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY by yourself and you do not have an attorney, and your case is currently active, I STRONGLY encourage you to contact my office immediately! The bankruptcy process is extremely complex, and your financial situation could be made far worse by an unsuccessful bankruptcy proceeding! Call my office and arrange a consultation today before it is too late.
If your Chapter 13 Trustee is objecting to your discharge, or if you are currently facing dismissal (removal from bankruptcy court with no debt relief) you are at serious risk of your bankruptcy petition being denied (dismissed). Please call my office and have an experienced attorney help you today.
Competitive Fees · Flexible Appointments · Se Habla Español
From my offices in New City, New York, I represent families, consumers and small businesses, because that is who I am, and that is who I care about. I work to protect citizens in the Greater Hudson Valley area. To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced New City Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney who cares about resolving your legal problem, call 845-521-7841 or contact my office by e-mail today.