Scott B Ugell
Scott B. Ugell graduated from Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications in 1982, and Hofstra University’s School of Law in 1985.
Scott B. Ugell is admitted to practice law in the State of New York, the Southern and Eastern District of the United States District Court in New York (the District Courts includes the Bankruptcy Court) and the United States Supreme, Family, County and Surrogate Courts.
After graduating from Hofstra University Law School, Scott B. Ugell was a Deputy Town Attorney in the Town of Hempstead, the most densely populated Township in the State of New York. Thereafter, Scott B. Ugell was a Court Arbitrator in New York City Civil Courts and later became Assistant General Counsel to Pyramid Companies, the Syracuse, New York based shopping mall developer and management company.
Scott B. Ugell is involved in many charitable and social organizations. He is a Board Member of the Jewish Federation of Rockland, a Board Member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rockland County, former Chairman of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rockland County, a former Board Member of the JCC-Y, member of the New City Jewish Center, and supporter of United Hospice of Rockland, Good Counsel and many other worthy charitable organizations. He is a member of the New York State Bar, the Rockland County Bar Association, and the Rockland County Magistrates Association where he was a past president, and a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Scott B. Ugell lives in Bardonia, New York with his two teenage daughters.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- Family Law
- New York, 1986
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York - 1985
- Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications - 1982
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Often requested by local governments to make seminar presentations about homeowners' rights and foreclosure protection
- Participates with the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) to meet with U.S. Congressional Staff on matters related to U.S. bankruptcy code and foreclosure issues.
- Member of the Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Rockland County Bar Association
- Member of the Rockland County Magistrates Association
- Member of the Board of Hillel of Rockland Community College
- Professional articles and legal presentations on the issue of debt relief and bankruptcy law